Thursday, April 12, 2012

Waffles

My kids love waffles, I love waffles, my husband not so much. I often serve these as a treat after weekend swimming lessons for lunch. They like them with strawberry sauce and whip cream, but usually they get them with plain old margarine and syrup.

This is another recipe from my mother-in-law, but I add a touch of vanilla for a bit more flavor.




Ingredients
  • 2 cups of flour (I often use 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup white flour for variety)
  • ¼ cup of milled flax seed
  • 1½ tablespoons sugar
  • 4 teaspoons of baking powder
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 2¼ cups of milk
  • ½ cup of oil

Directions
  • Mix together dry ingredients.

  • Mix together wet ingredients.
  • Combine wet and dry mixtures.

  •  Mix until smooth and let sit for a few minutes (makes them fluffier).

  • Pour onto waffle iron and cook.







No comments:

Post a Comment