Another wonderful thing about brownies is that they are pretty easy to make -- other than when you leave out the sugar. (I have only done that once and they were pretty bad.)
Nathan and I were recently invited to a party and asked to bring a dessert. I wanted something simple but yummy to take. So I decided to take our brownie recipe and add something a little different. I took some chocolate squares I had laying around, chopped them up, and added the bits to the batter. My little experiment turned out very nicely.
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of sugar
- ½ cup of cocoa
- 1 cup of melted margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips chopped (opt)
- 1½ cups chopped nuts (opt)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center and add all the wet. Stir by hand until just combined. Don't over mix!
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Dough will be very thick.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. Don't over bake, take them out when just barely done.
- Cut and serve alone or with ice cream.