Once they have cooled off they are great for serving at dinner, or just to eat with jam or honey or whatever else you want to put on them.
- ½ cups warm water
- 1 ½ tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 8 cups of flour
- Place warm water, sugar (or honey), and yeast in a tall glass and let rise for 10-15 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of flour with the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- When yeast has risen (10-15 minutes) add to dough with the remaining two cups of flour.
- Let mix for five minutes. Dough should be smooth and sides of the bowl should be clean.
- Place in large bowl and let it rise to twice the size. Make sure you cover with a lid, towel, or plastic wrap.
- Roll out into buns and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and take them off the cookie sheet. Now is your chance, grab one of them before the kids sneak up and gobble them all up!