Friday, January 13, 2012

Chocolate Fudge Sauce

For Thanksgiving this year (yes, I know that was along time ago) I tried a new grasshopper fudge cake recipe that I had found on Pinterest. The recipe for the Grasshopper Fudge Cake will be my next post.

The original recipe, which came from the Betty Crocker website, called for a couple of jars of hot fudge sauce which I wasn’t interested in paying 5 bucks each for. Instead, I managed to find a recipe for a thick chocolate fudge sauce from a family cookbook.

This chocolate fudge sauce is excellent on cake, ice cream, or whatever else you want a nice chocolate sauce on.



The directions are as follows:
  • 2 cups sugar 
  • ½ cup cocoa 
  • 4 tablespoons flour 
  • 2 cups milk 
  • 4 tablespoons butter or margarine 
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla 
Place ingredients in a heavy sauce pan and mix together. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn down and let boil for 5 minutes still stirring. Store in the fridge (I used a canning jar) it lasted for about a month.

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy. I can't wait to try it and I am on pins and needles waiting for the next recipe. My favorite pie growing up was grasshopper pie! Add fudge and it sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete